In today’s technology driven world, information and data are plentiful. Successful managers need to analyze data and use it effectively. Data analysis and statistical analysis skills are required in finance, marketing, economics, operations and production. See examples of data analysis and statistical tools used in the business world below.
Graduate Tutor provides private tutoring for various statistics, data analysis and decision making courses. Graduate Tutor provides MBA students, medical students, and various research and doctorate students with data analysis tutoring and homework help. We can tailor a data analysis, decision making or statistics program to suit your needs. Data analysis can be done using Python or R programming too.
We offer math and statistics tutoring on a variety of topics. For convenience we have classified our math and statistics into three categories:
Statistics and Data Analysis Courses Tutored
We can provide tutoring for the specific data analysis or decision making course you are enrolled in. Here is a sample of statistics and data analysis courses GraduateTutor.com can provide tutoring support for.
- Business Decision Models (Cornell-Queen’s Executive MBA)
- BUS 550: Data and Decision Analytics (Emory Goizueta Full-Time MBA)
- BUS 550Y – Data & Decision Analytics (Emory Goizueta One Year MBA)
- 550M Decision & Information Analysis (Emory Goizueta Modular EMBA)
- Core Subject -Statistics for Management (Cornell MBA)
- OMS 503 Statistical Methods for Business Decisions (Cleveland MBA)
- OMS 448 Queuing and Simulation (Cleveland UG)
- OMS 431 Sampling and Experimental Designs (Cleveland UG)
- OMS 433 Data Analysis (Cleveland UG)
- B6014 – Managerial statistics (Columbia MBA)
- DG7820 Statistical Reasoning (Fordham MBA)
- Statistics for Management (Cornell Executive MBA)
- Managerial Decision Making (Cornell Executive MBA)
- 15.060 Data, Models, and Decisions (MIT Sloan)
- 402: Data Analysis, Statistics and Decision Making (UCLA)
- 463: Data Analysis and Management Decisions under Uncertainty (UCLA)
- 465: Quantitative Methods for Managers (UCLA)
- B01.1305 Statistics and Data Analysis (NYU-Stern)
- B01.1305 Statistics and Data Analysis (Stern MBA)
- B90.2301 Regression and Multivariate Data Analysis (NYU-Stern)
- B90.2302 Forecasting Time Series Data (NYU-Stern)
- B90.2309 Mathematics of Investment (NYU-Stern)
- B90.3301 Introduction to the Theory of Probability (NYU-Stern)
- B90.3302 Statistical Inference and Regression Analysis (NYU-Stern)
- B90.3303 Multivariate Statistical Analysis (NYU-Stern)
- B90.3304 Advanced Theory of Statistics (NYU-Stern)
- B90.3305 Bayesian Inference and Statistical Decision Theory (NYU-Stern)
- B90.3306 Time Series Analysis (NYU-Stern)
- B90.3307 Categorical Data (NYU-Stern)
- B90.3308 Sampling Techniques (NYU-Stern)
- B90.3309 Experimental Design (NYU-Stern)
- B90.3314 Statistical Computing and Sampling Methods with Applications to Finance (NYU-Stern)
- B90.3352 Advanced Theory of Probability (NYU-Stern)
- B90.3383 Frequency Domain Time Series Analysis (NYU-Stern)
- C22.0001 Statistics for Business Control (NYU-Stern)
- C22.0003 Regression and Forecasting Models (NYU-Stern)
- C22.0008/B90.2308 Applied Stochastic Processes for Financial Models (NYU-Stern)
- C22.0010 Categorical Data (NYU-Stern)
- C22.0011 Sampling Techniques (NYU-Stern)
- C22.0014 Introduction to the Theory of Probability (NYU-Stern)
- C22.0014/B90.3301 Introduction to the Theory of Probability (NYU-Stern)
- C22.0015 Statistical Inference and Regression Analysis (NYU-Stern)
- C22.0015/B90.3302 Statistical Inference and Regression Analysis (NYU-Stern)
- C22.0017 Regression and Multivariate Data Analysis (NYU-Stern)
- C22.0017/B90.2301 Regression and Multivariate Data Analysis (NYU-Stern)
- C22.0018 Forecasting Time Series Data (NYU-Stern)
- C22.0018/B90.2302 Forecasting Time Series Data (NYU-Stern)
- C22.0021 Introduction to Stochastic Processes (NYU-Stern)
- C22.0027 Mathematics of Investments (NYU-Stern)
- C22.0027/B90.2309 Mathematics of Investment (NYU-Stern)
- C22.0103 Statistics for Business Control and Regression and Forecasting Models (NYU-Stern)
- Data Analysis & Management Decisions (UCLA)
- Math 31A. Calculus and Analytic Geometry – A (UCLA)
- Math 31B. Calculus and Analytic Geometry – B (UCLA)
- Statistics 11. Introduction to Statistical Methods for Business and Economics. (M11.) (UCLA)
- V63.0121 Calculus I (NYU-Stern)
- V63.0122, Calculus II (NYU-Stern)
- V63.0123, Calculus III (NYU-Stern)
- V63.0124, Linear Algebra (NYU-Stern)
Math and statistics creep into our lives everyday in multiple ways whether we are aware of it or not. Deciding whether to lease or buy a car or computing the effective rate of interest on your home, involves analysis of data, math and statistics. Live online tutoring is an effective way to learn the math and statistics underlying the business decisions that we take for granted.
In today’s data intensive world, the most successful managers are those who can understand and use information effectively. Statistical analysis is a critical tool in finance, marketing, economics, operations and production. Our statistics tutors can tailor a program to suit your needs. Call us or email us to discuss this in more detail.
Business Math Summer Camp
Often, we need to learn math for other reasons. You may be preparing for a program that requires a specific level of familiarity with math such as an MBA or CPA. Or you may be trying to master a subject that draws heavily on math such as finance. It could be that you are preparing for the GRE or the GMAT. Reading a text book may help some math students but for many it takes too much time or is a challenge. Live online tutoring is an efficient way to learn what you need.
Whether you would like to quickly brush up on your basic math skills or prepare for a new job or to manage your personal finances, we can tailor a program to suit your needs. Topics include fundamental arithmetic, compound interest, mortgages, interest, taxes, percentages, math for personal investments, interest computations, probability, applied algebra and much more. Let us know what you would like to learn and we can tailor a program to match your needs.
Data Analysis & Decision Making in the Business World
Statistics and data analysis in auditing: It is impossible for auditors to check all the transactions entered into by a company during the accounting period. Auditors rely on data analysis and statistical sampling to conduct audits.
Statistics and data analysis in accounting: Accountants need to provide futures losses under a variety of accounts such as provisions for bad debts, pilferage, exchange rate fluctuations, etc. Often these figures are arrived at based on an analysis of historical data and statistical inference.
Statistics and data analysis in finance: Financial managers draw heavily on data to make various decisions. Historical returns, ratios, averages, deviations, decision trees and forecasting techniques all have elements of statistics.
Statistics and data analysis in operations and production: A large part of quality control improvements is based on statistical data analysis. Performance data is gathered extensively at various points and analyzed to identify the production points that need improvement.
Other operations research and statistics topics that our statistics tutors can assist you with include: